<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8283385\x26blogName\x3dsnapshots+of+an+idle+mind\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://sassinak.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://sassinak.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-958968988213072432', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
My Photo
Name:
Location: toronto, ontario, Canada

Thursday, July 14, 2005

it's hot... no dude, like HOT

.
I'm sitting on my getting skinnier fat ass and staring at a computer when I'm supposed to be cleaning. Why am I doing this? Because just SITTING here I have little raindrops of sweat pouring down my body and I'm not even DOING anything. Because I hate cleaning. Because construction workers make giant messes and get paint everywhere and don't give a shit. Because I really don't want this stupid superintendent job anymore.

So, what do I have to do?

I have to actually get off my ass in the next two weeks and apply at every Pilates studio and health club and spa and fitness centre in town. That's what I have to do. It's just that well... blogging is so much easier.

I don't have to write a cover letter to write in my blog. I don't have to find someone who uses that crap they call Windows so I can look at my own resume. I don't have to look up dates and care about using the same word twice in a paragraph and I definetely don't have to do interviews and teach a lot of people I've never met.

Tragically I have the worst ability to fuck up when I'm audition teaching. I get nervous and I lose all ability to connect with a client. This is pretty funny because I'm usually really good at it.

What's even funnier is that I give fantastic interview. I always GET to the audition I just screw it up. I wish I could just get them to come to my class at the JCC instead. Those are good.

Ah well... too much stalling does not a clean apartment building make.

PS I LOVE THE RECOVER POST OPTION!!! Gooo blogger nerds!

5 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Is that before or after you go to Timmy Horton's?

7/14/2005 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger castufari said...

I'm way south of you (1200 miles) and can relate to the hot thing. It's pretty wretched now, we've had some nights where it is so hot that you take a cool shower, go to towel off...and the effort of moving the towel around induces sweat. :P Maybe it is time to bail from the heat island for a bit and head to the country. :)

You mention that you wish that they could attend one of your classes. Have you considered inviting them, filming a class or offering to give a class at their facility as a comp? Maybe limit it to set number of people. I can see how connecting with a client could be difficult, esp if you're not on familiar ground and you don't know them.

Good luck to ya, S.

7/14/2005 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

Eddie
*snicker*
we call it Tim Horton's or Timmy's ... never Timmy Horton's ... that said, I'm more of a Second Cup sort of girl... mmm paradiso medium is coffee ambrosia...

cast: thanks dude, the problem is the second I start teaching at a new place I fuck up the first class. I can't understand it... why on earth would that happen when I can teach my regular classes just fine?

like the filming idea though.... hrm

i hear it's cold in Oz this time of year?

7/14/2005 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger castufari said...

Skip the first class then. :D (Sorry, I'm in a SA mood).

It's winter in Oz sort of....60 degree highs. I wish it was 60 here....but then I'd bitch because it was too cool.

Filming would work, get OC in there.

7/14/2005 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

you? a smart ass? I NEVER would have believed it!

:)

As for OC, he doesn't really come to my classes anymore...

7/15/2005 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home